|PhD DISSERTATION REQUIREMENTS SYNOPSIS|
1) Dissertation format must be as prescribed in Guidelines for Major Papers, Theses, and Dissertations.
2) Copies of the dissertation must be provided to all committee members and two copies to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at least four weeks before the oral defense, which must occur at least three weeks prior to the Convocation at which the candidate has applied to receive the degree.
3) Public notice of defense must be received in the Faculty of Graduate Studies and posted in the academic unit at least eight (8) days in advance of the defense date.
4) Following successful defense, the candidate will deposit the dissertation in the Faculty of Graduate Studies, as prescribed in Guidelines for Major Papers, Theses, and Dissertations.
5) The candidate will validate a "Thesis/Dissertation Non-Exclusive License", supplied by the Office of Graduate Studies, authorizing Library and Archives Canada to publish and reproduce the dissertation.