|MASTER'S THESIS/MAJOR PAPER REQUIREMENTS SYNOPSIS|
1) Thesis or Major Paper format must be as prescribed by Guidelines for Major Papers, Theses, and Dissertations.
2) Copies of the thesis for Master's degree must be provided to all committee members, and one copy to the chair of the defense at least two weeks before the oral presentation, which must occur at least three weeks prior to the Convocation at which the candidate has applied to receive the degree.
3) Public notice of the defense must be received in the Office of Graduate Studies at least eight days in advance of the defense date.
4) Following successful defense, the candidate will deposit the thesis/major paper in the Office of Graduate Studies, as prescribed in Guidelines for Major Papers, Theses, and Dissertations.
5) Thesis only. The candidate will validate a "Thesi
es/Dissertation Non-Exclusive License", supplied by the Office of Graduate Studies, authorizing distribution to Library and Archives Canada.