GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN ADVANCED PRACTICE ONCOLOGY/PALLIATIVE CARE
Graduate Diploma in Advanced Practice Oncology/Palliative Care (Admissions to program suspended as of Fall 2017)
The Graduate Diploma in Oncology/Palliative Care is designed for health care professionals who desire a series of courses to facilitate the clinical and psychosocial care of oncology/palliative clients.
1) All general regulations of the Faculty of Graduate Studies admission requirements are applicable.
2) Completed BScN or health-related 4 year honours degree. Preference will be given to those who have completed or are currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD degree program.
3) A minimum B standing in all degrees previously obtained.
4) Evidence of registration or license in her/his own province/country (for registered nurses only).
5) Minimum of two years’ experience in healthcare. Preference will be given to those with Oncology/Palliative care experience.
6) Current curriculum vitae
7) Original post-secondary transcripts
8) Three confidential reports must be completed by academic/professional referees, with at least one from an academic who has taught the applicant and one from a recent employment supervisor.
9) A narrative statement must be submitted, which will address the candidate’s rationale for seeking the graduate diploma.
10) Applicants whose native language is not English must submit certification of English proficiency (official TOEFL score or equivalent MELAB).
11) Applications for admission must be completed by February 15 (or until seats have been filled).
12) Completed Application form and application fee
13) An interview may be required.
1) NURS-8300. Advanced Health Assessment, Diagnostics, and Therapeutics of the Oncology/Palliative Patient (Part I)
2) NURS-8320. Advanced Health Assessment, Diagnostics, and Therapeutics of the Oncology/Palliative Patient (Part 2)
3) NURS-8330. Interprofessional Psychosocial Oncology: Introduction to Theory and Practice (one course)
4) NURS-8310. Leadership and Management in Oncology/Palliative care settings (one course)
5) NURS-8340. Advanced End of Life Care (one course)
6) NURS-8350. Oncology/Palliative Simulation and Practicum with two phases:1) Simulation; and, 2) Preceptorship
GRADUATE STUDIES FACULTY REGULATIONS